Wednesday, March 7, 2012

8 Feb 2012 - Interlude in British Columbia


Give them an opportunity - adopt a little senior....

Back home in Arbutus Ridge, with an abundance of 'old hounds' in the neighbourhood I feel like donning a crocheted head scarf myself, bit of a change after all those tacos altos (high heels) of down south....
Ah, the pleasures of home turf: bills, repairs, dentist, haircut, house and garden - all the important issues in one's life compressed into ten days of R&R at home.
But - the adventure continues. Instead of tangoing my way through one week after another in spirited Buenos Aires, I will be hiking my way around and around the deck of an ocean liner before hiking my way around acres and acres of ancient ruins left behind by early Greeks, Romans, Phoenicians, Etruscans, Berbers and other extinct civilizations...
The bags are packed, the tickets ready - High Seas here we come!