Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Those magnificient women in their flying machines...

This magnificient woman in her flying machine had another first, on the ground in Toronto, in the final ramp tube before entering the aircraft headed for Sao Paolo: About a dozen uniformed officers lined the ramp, conducting a surprise immigration/currency smuggling check, a sniffer dog marked me as a potential 'target', coming up to me with big sad eyes, nuzzling my lower limbs, then looking up to me with regret, and slowly and limply wagging his tail. That was enough for a big dark customs lady to sequester me in a little room, where - of course - I was pronounced 'clean'.
Sao Paolo, Brazil, presented another little hick up - somehow my luggage had reserved space in the flight from here to Buenos Aires, but yours truly seemed to have fallen off the manifest. It took half an hour of Portuguese chattering amongst three attractive young (everyone seems young here) attendants to find a seat for my old bod.
But, three cheers for Air Canada: Vancouver-TorontoPaolo: the food was good, the sleeper berth on the airecraft better than a four star hotel bed, and the service and attention excellent.
And so far - my luggage and I have apparently not yet parted company!