Friday, February 15, 2013

Robbed in Buenos Aires

Well, it had to happen sooner or later....even with constant vigilance, eyes in the back of my head, forever conscious of my surroundings.

Returned to day via Buquebus (ferry) from a short  excursion to Uruguay. Forgot my camera in Buenos Aires, but carried my I-Phone for safety and security, and to stay in touch and (as a stand in for the forgotten camera) take some interesting photos of the lovely colonial town of Colonia de Sacramento. Checked the photos on the ferry ride home - some real beauties.

All went well, until I left the ferry, backpack carried as a front pack, arms wrapped around it tightly. Walked to the Buenos Aires side bus stop and rode the 'collectivo' home to Plaza Italia. Put my backpack down to extract the apartment key, and found one zipper slightly opened - BAAAAD SIGN!!!!

And - the I-Phone had disappeared. Anybody who has one, knows that's expensive!

No Photos - no story - no more mobile Internet, no cell phone.

Rogers - with usual customer service level - will charge me FULL PLAN cost regardless, although they kindly blocked the phone to avoid unauthorized use.
To cancel my phone altogether, I would have to personally phone Rogers at local long distance rates, and wait in the automatic answering queue forever, before someone live would even come on line...
Not a happy camper today....

Welcome to the Other Buenos Aires....the one one hears about so often.