Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What I missed in St Petersburg....

 
Click on the arrow, and watch the Other Side of St Petersburg, Russia...
During the time I spent in St Petersburg, Maria Ines Bogado and Sebastian Jimenez, World Champion Tango Dancers and gifted teachers, conducted workshops during the St Petersburg Tango Festival. Hotel Azimut was the venue, and judging by the video - many Russians are devoted tangueros.
Ines and Sebastian live in Buenos Aires. I had the good fortune to share a class with them given by their masters, as well as enjoying a couple of lessons with them in Buenos Aires.
Without a having a personal Russian Visa, and as a cruise ship visitor, I was not permitted to venture out 'alone' during my stay - otherwise I may have been sitting on the floor just as the pictured spectators in this video.