Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Adios to Cowichan Valley, Hola to Buenos Aires....

The preparation list is full of check marks, all done but the leaving for the airport, and that is due in a couple of days. Off again for a stint of South American culture, life, food, architecture, music, dance, Subte (Subterranean) and Bus transport, Polo, Tango, street cafes, wine and Feliz Navidad fiestas - and temperatures in the thirties!


I am leaving my little garden pets behind, as well as the life-sized cardboard nutcracker who presides over the front garden - my concession to Christmas decorations.


The birds still hang around, even the Hummingbirds insist on buzzing around the windows. I stock up every bird feeding receptacle, and discard the last apples from my tree for deer treats (They lasted about five minutes...)


I wave Good Bye to the - as ever - stunning sea-mountain-sky scenery. Not much in terms of hills down there in Buenos Aires, just slow rolling brown Rio Plata, Pampas all around, and the Big City in the midst of it.



The boyfriend



the girlfriend



The view....


Well, with all this bucolic beauty - not a bad place to return to in Spring.