Monday, November 2, 2009

2. November 2009, Strutting my Stuff


Ok, after being prodded by the neighbours, I actually entered some drawings and watercolours in a community art show. Twenty two exhibitors, most of them 'old hands' and expert at their craft, and here I am, a NEWBIE!

Some of the display walls at the Golf Club, location of the show, where at least a hundred or more pieces were offered for sale by artist residents of the community. In addition to Paintings, there were Pottery, Jewellery, Sculpture and Books.
Jewellery, Books and Sculpture went like hot cakes - the rest of us enjoyed chatting to spectators, most of whom liked the exhibits....but, the economy, you know....

Part of my modest display...
A little bird told me, that after two days of open show and streams of curious and interested visitors, only 5 paintings were sold - none of them mine.
Back to the drawing board, go nuts, throw the restraints into the wind, EXPRESS ONESELF WILDLY instead of painstakingly...maybe one of these days I create something irresistible, or maybe not.
In the meantime I am getting ready for the next adventure.
The Vessel: MS Amsterdam

The Journey - why not all the way around, with a couple of BIG stops and a host of SHORT ones thrown in for fun. I am a little slower than the man who did it in 80 days, but then he was in a hurry to win a bet. I am taking a little more than 120 days to fly, float, walk, drive from one continent to the next. The only continent not on the itinerary is Europe - we save that for another day...
Stay tuned, this Odyssey starts just before Christmas. Until then, one puts up with the Temperate Rain forest climate.

From this...
to this....in about 80 days