Wednesday, July 21, 2010

21. July 2010 - On Land at home

Summer is in full swing, the lavender is blooming...so is everything else.
I am landbound for a few days, practicing my mechanical skills, revisiting my budding watercolour skills, and expectorating a bronchitis.
Still awaiting release from outboard hospital for my little egg-beater dinghy motor, the one of all of 2 horse power (miniature horses I am sure). Not that I use it very often, only when adverse wind and waves combine with too far a distance between anchor and shore, and rowing is not an easy option.
It leaks gas...fixing that is beyond my modest capabilities.
Once the little put put is gas-tight again - I hope to be off into the Gulf Islands for a little more summer on the water....

Denali Lavender Farm at Hutchison and Trafalgar Road. I feel as if Tuscany has been reincarnated on Vancouver Island

Summer festivals happen all over the Islands, music, arts, craft, wooden boats, local food...whatever can be celebrated out of doors, is celebrated here.
Here I painted a young man, transported into a different world of drumming...