Friday, May 8, 2009

8. May 2009 - At Last - Sunshine?



My apple tree has burst into bloom overnight, exquisite softly coloured blossoms on every branch.
If these blooms all turn into apples, I will be able - come fall and harvest time - to keep the neighbours, the deer and maybe a bear or two in plenty supply.
In the meantime, I keep humming a song from Das Land des Laechelns (a German Operetta) or The Land of Smiles. It starts with 'Von Apfelblueten einen Kranz' and that is all I know. It means 'A wreath of apple blossoms'. Well, it's a start...
Maybe the new tune will replace the Leonard Cohen songs, which have been taking turns in my head without let up, since I heard his live concert a couple of weeks ago.



I watched this little boy and his father on an Agricultural Fair in San Jose Los Cabos, Baja California, in March. He was perched on a paddock-fence, whilst his father washed down his horses.

No comments: