Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A distant memory now, December 2008 on Vancouver Island. Christmas and New Year under a record breaking layer of snow. Bought myself an ergonomic snowshovel for a Christmas present.


This was getting better, January in Todos Santos, Baja California. It is balmy, sunny and desert dry. But - the hibiscus, bougainvillae, cacti, African tulips bloom. The garden has papaya, lemons, limes, bananas, figs and tomatoes ready for picking.


Sitting under an African Tulip tree, watching the play of sunlight on fiery orange blossoms, and glimpsing the intense blue sky through the foliage, winter is forgotten.


After three month of subtropical/desert paradise I am back in the Pacific Northwest, to find this in the garden I left in the deep of snowy winter. I am proud of myself. These daffodils were planted by my very own non green thumbs last fall, and they actually GREW!





No comments: